Sign In Forgot Password

About Our Building

 

Temple Emanuel moved to its current site on Persinger Road in Roanoke in 1959.
Our building was renovated and expanded during 2001-02.

 

Our fundraising drive, Emanuel 2000, allowed our congregation to achieve the following:

  • To develop and implement a building plan to meet the needs of our congregation.
  • To continue using our building as a spiritual and educational center for our religious needs.
  • To develop a place where meetings and social events are held by and for congregants on a regular basis.
  • To house the largest Jewish library in Southwest Virginia.
  • To have a quality nursery school program to enhance the Jewish development of our children, and to reach out to unaffiliated Jewish families

Ceremonial groundbreaking for our new building took place on Sept. 30, 2001, and
we were able to re-enter our building for High Holy Days services in 2002.

For our 2001-02 renovations, this architect's drawing was transformed into the new vestibule entrance to the Sanctuary.

The vestibule entrance to our sanctuary.

Our Sanctuary and Windows

For more info, click Sanctuary or Windows.

Sun, September 23 2018 14 Tishrei 5779